Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60

Thread: New HD Channels from DirecTV

  1. #1
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    New HD Channels from DirecTV

    I had to call to order a new receiver today and get a new HD receiver and they told me that September 19, which is tommorow, will be the launch of several new HD channels. Now, I know what most a thinking, yeah right, heard that before. I agree and hopefully they will actually be there tommorow. There will be a software update for the receivers then you should see the following channels. Cross fingers, hope it works.

    These right here will be available September 19, 2007

    Channel Name Channel Number

    A&E 265
    Big Ten Network HD 220
    Cartoon Network 296
    Cinemax HD East 512
    Cinemax HD West 514
    CNN HD 202
    Discovery HD Theater 76
    ESPN HD 206
    ESPN2 HD 209
    Food Network HD 231-1
    FSN New York 624
    The Golf Channel HD 604 (says will be shared with versus, whatever that means)
    HBO HD East 501
    HBO HD West 504
    HDnet 79
    HDnet Movies 78
    HGTV-HD 229-1
    The History Channel HD 269
    MSG HD 621
    MHD 332
    The Movie Channel HD 544
    NFL Network 212
    National Geographic HD 276
    SHO Too HD 538
    Showtime HD 537
    Showtime West 540
    Smithsonian Channel 267
    Starz Comedy HD 519
    Starz HD East 520
    Starz Edge HD 522
    Starz Kidz & Family HD 518
    Starz HD West 521
    TBS HD 247
    TNT HD 245
    Universal HD 74
    Versus HD 604 (says will be shared with Golf channel)
    The Weather Channel HD 362


    And the following will be available in October.....

    Channel Name Channel Number

    Animal Planet HD 282
    Bravo HD 273
    Comcast Sportsnet Chicago HD 640
    Comcast Sportsnet Mid-Atlantic HD 629
    Discovery Channel HD 278
    Fox Business Channel HD 359
    FSN Detroit HD 636
    FSN Primeticket HD 653
    FSN Southwest HD 643
    FSN West HD 652
    Fuel TV HD 612
    FX HD 248
    The Learning Channel HD 280
    MGM HD 255
    NBA TV HD 601-1
    The Science Channel HD 284
    Scifi Network HD 244
    Speed Channel HD 607
    Sportsnet New York HD 625
    USA Network HD 242
    Yankess Entertainment and Sports HD 622
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New HD Channels from DirecTV

    I got a call from them this evening about the upgrade. I didn't get to the phone, but they left a message to make sure I had the B Band converters in preparation for it. I likey what I see.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2006
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New HD Channels from DirecTV

    they replaced my dish with the new 5 lnb model about 2 months ago. i've had hd for about 3 years now. it's about time they added more hd channels. i've been paying an additional 10 bucks a month for about 5 extra channels.
    [img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New HD Channels from DirecTV

    I agree, I am HOPING that they really come on air tommorow, it has been a long time coming. If they do, they will take over the HD market in this area. Of course, that just means Dish with their 20 or so channels which most of them are terrible, then you have Comcast who has come along and they only have like 4 or 5 but I am HOPING that they launch tommorow, I have heard this before but this one seems to be legit.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: New HD Channels from DirecTV

    How much do you guys pay a month for Directv? I was all set to get comcast, but I would like to get a rough estimate on Directv before I go ahead with it.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New HD Channels from DirecTV

    I pay right around $85 a month and that is for 185 channels, the sports pack which includes all the Fox Sports around the US and a few others, it is one the website, and I also get the HD channels for $10 extra a month. So my total bill is around $85
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_red_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2003
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New HD Channels from DirecTV

    I have my DirecTV through Verizon. I have around 200 channels, all the movie channels, DSL internet, and unlimited long distance phone for about 150 bucks a month.

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: New HD Channels from DirecTV

    That's about what I thought, so I think i'm gonna go with Comcast. I really liked Directv when I was younger living at home, but it's going to be a lot cheaper to get Comcast cable with HD DVR and Internet then it would be to get Directv and DSL. I realize that I would get a lot more HD with Directv, but I really only want it for sports and Comcast has that covered with FOX, NBC, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 all in HD along with MTV, TNT, Discovery, and a couple others also in HD.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New HD Channels from DirecTV

    I bet that is a promo price with Comcast. How much will it go up in 3 to 6 months?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2006
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New HD Channels from DirecTV

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lpd_blue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but I really only want it for sports and Comcast has that covered with FOX, NBC, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 all in HD along with MTV, TNT, Discovery, and a couple others also in HD. </div></div>

    directv has fox, nbc, abc, etc. in hd.
    [img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •